Things That Give Me Anxiety.
- being late
- things i said five minutes ago
- things i said five years ago
- people touching me
- being around a ton of people
- being yelled at
- wondering if people are talking about me
- every action i do
- and just about everything else
The message is clear. Boys are the norm, girls the variation; boys are central, girls peripheral; boys are individuals, girls types. Boys define the group, its story and its code of values. Girls exist only in relation to boys.
Katha Pollitt, "Hers; The Smurfette Principle" (h/t: "Ms. Male Character - Tropes vs Women in Video Games")
Source: The New York Times
Page 1 of 171
← Newer • Older →